I immediately became wistful at how much I used to love reading about the Hardys, Chet, and old jalopies. I remembered that I had made a vow with myself to never stop reading books in the series because I loved loved loved them so. Of course, I have sold out my ten year-old self. I haven't read a Hardy Boys book in years. Then I started remembering some of the other vows I remember making as a child- most of these are true.
- Eat Peanut Butter Crunch and Pop Tarts for breakfast everyday.
- Never become one of those people that laments how much better things used to be.
- See Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back at least once a year.
- Mow the lawn and shovel snow myself rather than hiring a neighborhood kid.
- Beat the shit out of Ricky Schroder
- Never stop reading my favorite Lloyd Alexander books.
- Meet Erin Gray
- Stay up to watch Saturday Night Live every week.
- Watch as much MTV as I can.
- Keep making lists.
I wish that I could have stayed more true to my ten year old self in the way that a certain Balgavy fellow that I know has. I worship him for living up to impossible ideals.