Mitch hooked us up with some tickets to see Letterman in the late afternoon. It was my first time. We weren't deemed exciting or attractive enough to be able to sit downstairs. We got sent to our seats way up and to the left where we couldn't even see Letterman during the monologue.
A few thoughts:
- Letterman is energetic when he's not on screen. He'd definitely be able to challenge Balgavy in a contest to see who is more spry.
- Not only is Claire Danes not even remotely attractive but she is really boring to boot.
- Paul Shaffer is out of his mind.
- Conan tapings have a whole lot more energy to them.
- Why did Letterman say that the Top 10 was coming up but then they didn't do it? Did they simply forget? Seems odd.
Anyway after the show, we decided to meet up with Mooney and his brother for a Mets game. It was great while it lasted but then it rained (for the second time) and we left.
Mitch and I decided to catch a 10:40 showing of Die Hard at Court St. and made it to the theater just in time. Just in time for a sellout!
Then it was off to Floyd for some bocce instead. Too bad it was so crowded that we had no chance of playing so after a drink it was time to catch the B61 and head home. Mooney and his brother headed to Southpaw for some ping pong action. Summer Dan may be more ready for fun than Regular Dan is but I suppose that he draws the line at ping pong? Or maybe he just needs a little more time to warm up considering that this was indeed the first Summer Dan sighting of the young season.
It isn't truly officially Summer Dan season until the shirt makes an appearance.
By the way - 6/28 is the 21st anniversary of my Bar Mitzvah.
UPDATE - 12:35 pm
This hazy picture from the end of the night has just surfaced.
Phillies 9 Mets 4
1 week ago