1. Do I care about the Mitchell Report?
Not really. Chris Larry asked me last night why I haven't written anything about it yet. I guess I just don't care. I touched on some of my mixed feelings about this whole thing in the summer. I have been rooting for Clemens to be outed for a long time so I was pretty happy about that development.
But come on - no Ryan Klesko? No Javy Lopez? No Albert Pujols? The whole thing is a joke. But David Sequi cracks me up, I can tell you that much. The man sure loves his steroids.
2. Do you love or hate that Paul McCartney Christmas song?
I think most people fall into one of the two categories. Count Mitch and me in the love camp and Jim and Jamie in the hate camp. Where do you fall?
3. What's your least favorite part about showering?
By far, for me, it is drying off. It is a waste of my time and completely monotonous and mundane. How much time have I wasted in my life drying off after showering? I kind of want to get one of those crazy effective hand dryer type things (but larger) that they have at Sidecar to take care of all my drying needs at home.
4. If you rooted for a baseball team that suffered an epic collapse to end a season, a team that refuses to guarantee me tickets for the opening of the new ballpark in '09, a team that no longer offers partial season ticket holders the option of buying Opening Day tickets, a team that makes questionable off-season movies thus far, and a team that jacks the price of your season ticket package by almost 30%, would you re-up for '08?
Sadly, you already know the answer to this one.
5. How funny is Girl Who Loves Sparkly Clothes?
Today she told me that she doesn't like Hillary Clinton because she is mean and, more importantly, she wants to be the first female president, not Hillary.
If she could vote, she would vote for the white haired man in glasses who made a joke at the Democratic debate about guns or something along those lines. She doesn't remember the candidate's name though.
Later in the day, I gave my class some free choice time on the internet. A number of them chose to play this game. Interesting. I guess anything that spurs today's youth to pay attention to current events is a good thing.
Phillies 9 Mets 4
1 week ago