A few thoughts?
1. The New Yorker covers are often stupid so who cares? Don't even get me started on their insidious cartoons on the inside.
2. Is this just part of the overall "White folks can't make fun of Obama" thing supposedly going on right now?
3. If Obama loses in November because of this cover, then so be it. If our country is so fucked up that this kind of cover is going to be taken as realistic and sway enough people to vote for McCain, then our country really doesn't have any hope, now does it?
4. Aren't we looking down on people to say that they don't understand that this is satire? Maybe it isn't effective enough and that's why people are mad, but come on. If people don't understand that this is satire, then they most likely won't be voting for Obama anyway. How's that for looking down on people?
5. Obama's response was pretty good.
6. I found this article interesting. Having just been in Montana, I saw a lot of Obama posters and placards. I also saw a lot of Ron Paul posters - not much for McCain though. The same was true in Texas.
Phillies 9 Mets 4
2 weeks ago